7DmkII rumors (serious attempt)

Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Loren Charif
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,517
Like?
Re: Sounds good for starters...
In reply to Wyville, May 19, 2012

hehe...based on the prices we've seen the last few months on updated Canon products, I suspect it won't be a "little" price increase

Loren

Wyville wrote:

Jerry-astro wrote:

It sounded pretty credible to me when I read it as well. In addition to these improvements, I'd really appreciate some progress in low ISO noise management and DR. The 7D did improve higher ISO noise, but did so at the expense of noise at ISO 100-640 IMHO. The touchup required for cropped low ISO images is manageable, but still adds a fair amount of time to my PP work. DR has been an issue for as long as I've used digital. It would be great to see some real improvements there.

Yes, I'm hoping Canon adopts the same philosophy they seem to have with the 1DX. The 1DX didn't seem to be aimed at pixel count, but rather image quality. So I would dearly love to see an updated 18MP sensor (or even 16MP) with great low ISO image quality, a high dynamic range, and good high ISO performance. Add the 5DmkIII AF system and 10fps... That would look to be worth a little price increase over the original 7D.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow