Started May 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Canaryfan
Regular MemberPosts: 467
Like?
Olympic Flame in Cornwall - Fantastic!
May 19, 2012

I have always envied Dezm for the endless photo opportunities he has living in New York.

At long last something has happened here in Cornwall!

The Olympic Flame began its’ journey around the Great Britain at Lands End in Cornwall this morning, coming through Truro, the county town & the city I live in, at 1.00pm. It was approx. 45 minutes late due to the larger than anticipated number of people wishing to see it.

Being British, we have all continually moaned about the London Olympics, the cost, disruption etc. & who really cares. Looking at the crowds in little old Truro, population about 18,000, the answer is clear, we all do. The atmosphere was fantastic.

Repeated around the country for the next 70 days it will really set the scene for a fantastic games & wonderful experience in the current gloomy times we all seem to be living in.

I grabbed the shots below of this once in a lifetime opportunity & hope you enjoy them. I only live about a third of a mile from where I took them.

The runner with the flame is a 55 year old from a nearby coastal village who lost his left leg in a surfing accident.

All taken with a D300 & 16 – 85mm Nikkor.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow