Making a 100MP 5D2...

Started May 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Johan01
Regular MemberPosts: 459
Like?
Re: What are your presentation goals for such images?
In reply to Rick Knepper, May 19, 2012

Thanks for looking!

Carbon tripod was a sarcastic joke.

If you do a little investigative work, you can figure out the locations. I'm also a hardcore fisherman. I don't reveal my "fishing" spots very easily. Haha.
I also think a little mystery is fun. The first one should be easy.

Rick Knepper wrote:

Where are the locations? I didn't see anything on your Flickr account regarding this.

The processing, color, contrast, sharpening etc is impressive. At 100 MPs, you must have a pretty hefty computer.

Johan01 wrote:

All it takes is a good tripod!
Both of these are over 100MP original size.

Tripod used is a super high resolution Manfrotto carbon pod. Better dynamic support range than those ancient aluminum pods.

I've been using carbon fiber tripods since nearly the first year I took up photoging even when shooting a 6 MP camera because the conventional wisdom says that landscapes require tripods for the very best detail and sharpness. Not all carbon fiber tripods are created equal though. I do not know what a "super high resolution Manfrotto carbon pod" is but I am guessing it is heavy and steady, just what is needed with the high MPs we are using today. For those of us who hike (especially with significant elevation gains), it is truly a hassle but well worth the effort if you intend to look at these images for years to come.
--

Rick Knepper, photographer, photography never for sale, check my profile for gear list and philosophy.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow