OM-D: scrolling the magnified picture by fingertip - works for you?

Started May 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Loga
Contributing MemberPosts: 682Gear list
Like?
OM-D: scrolling the magnified picture by fingertip - works for you?
May 19, 2012

Owners of EM-D,

recently I tried out the new OM-D and played about an hour with it. However, I noticed that in playback mode, when magnified the picture, scrolling by the fingertip works very poorly.

This is a common movement for me after taking a picture with my GF2 to check the sharpness (focus accuracy, shaking etc) on the subject of the picture. It is very easy with GF2, after magnification I can easily scroll in the picture with my fingertip, which is much quicker than using the arrow buttons to navigate to a certain part of the picture.

But when I tried it on the OM-D, it was very bad. It lagged, or leaped, and seemed rather unusable for this function.

What is your experience? Did I miss something? Is there any options to adjust the touch-screen? If it is a common fault of the OM-D, it may be a dealbreaker for me.

Thank you in advance!

Loga's gear list:Loga's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow