Started May 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BigBarney
Senior MemberPosts: 2,722
Like?
Now here is a m43 video idea
May 19, 2012

I know that some m43 photographers have absolutely no interest in video, so if that describes you please read no further.

The welcome news that the WTO (World Trade Organisation) are considering repealing the 30 minute limit tariff on so-designated video devices:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/05/18/WTO-looking-at-moves-to-remove-30-minute-limit-from-digital-cameras

will have important ramifications for those of us currently wanting to record for more than 30 minutes. Of course this is possible on cameras like the GH2 if you alter your device's firmware with the PTools hack, but many of us would prefer to see this being allowed to be standard from the manufacturer for a host of reasons, not least is wishing to see the manufacturers becoming more competitive.

My reason for wanting to see this is because I have been asked by a friend who plays a leading role in a local orchestra to record some of their concerts. Last time out they played Beethoven's 3rd symphony (Eroica), and you need nearly an hour of recording to capture all of that!

I would be interested in hearing what other video-related reasons you may have for wanting to see this limit relaxed.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow