D800E at BestBuy!

Started May 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Marshal
Senior MemberPosts: 1,893
Like?
Re: D800E at BestBuy!
In reply to OleManTx, May 19, 2012

I suspect BB, like Nikon underestimated the demand for both 800 models and are about to find themselves sending form letters like B&H has done apologizing for the delay, and then becoming non-committal & vague on a revised timetable for new stock & delivery.

I also experienced something a week ago that shows mistakes can be made in inventory data. One place I ordered a D800 from said X # were in stock. I ordered one, shortly afterward it showed there were none left. So I'm thinking "Well, I guess I got the last one." Also, next morning, a guy from that company calls me up, asks for confirmation it was indeed me who placed the order, and after a couple minutes he said the camera would be shipped out that day(last Thursday). He even gave me an order confirmation #.

After waiting all day for an order confirmation e-mail which was never sent, I called them to find out what was up. The same guy then apologized & said that because of an error in their system, they thought they had received more cameras in their warehouse than they actually had. After calling their Nikon rep, he was told that no more shipments are due for another 30-45 days. Much to my chagrin.

I hope that doesn't happen to you with Best Buy. Anyway, I suspect they were flooded with a vast # of E orders today. Good luck!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow