mac mini with hi res screen (more than 1900 x1200)?

Started May 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
7enderbender
Contributing MemberPosts: 822
Like?
mac mini with hi res screen (more than 1900 x1200)?
May 19, 2012

I'd be new to Mac and before I go and buy an expensive MacBook I'm thinking I might just get a mid-range Mac Mini, stuff it with as much memory as it can hold and connect it to my current Dell monitor.

If I like that and I can get it to work to my liking with CS5, LR3 and Cubase 5 for recording then I would add a better monitor and build the Mac route from there.

We don't know yet what the next generations will bring in that respect (and if the FireWire ports will go away again which would make this a deal breaker) but based on current experience with the Mac Mini how does it handle a high resolution monitor? And I don't mean the Apple Thunderbolt thingy which I wouldn't want in it's current state. If I understand it right I could hook up a 1920 x 1200 screen to the HDMI port. And if I read it right I could hook up a second one with that resolution. That may be ok. But what I really want is something in the 24 to 27 inch size with even higher resolution than that - like one of the higher end NEC monitors or so. Would that work via any adapter?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow