Sony PLEEZE stop us from taking pics w/no card!!!

Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
billorg
Senior MemberPosts: 1,094
Like?
Re: Have you read your user manual?
In reply to William Porter, May 18, 2012

The rear LCD of my A77 has a lot of info displayed sometimes, and I have once or twice missed the blinking "NO CARD" when I grabbed the camera in a hurry to try to capture something cute the cat was doing. As for the EVF, the "NO CARD" blinks in the upper left corner where I simply can't see if if I'm wearing glasses unless I adjust the position of my eye on purpose.

I go through a flight check before picking up the camera to do anything serious. But I've gotten caught once or twice. I'm not sure there's anything that can be done about it. As I said the only time it's a problem for me is when I'm trying to shoot in a big hurry, and when I'm trying to shoot in a hurry I'm NOT looking attentively at the camera's display. I mean, it's not likely they're going to program the camera to be motion sensitive and to emit an alarm when the camera is picked up if it is lacking a card.

This is exactly how it is with me, same scenarios....

And by the way, it IS possible to take a picture with the A77 even when there's no card in the slot. I just tested this (to confirm my memory of it happening to me once or twice before). The camera takes the shot and displays it on screen. Apparently it's in the buffer. But as far as I can tell there's no way to copy it to a card (as there is with the Panasonic LX5).

Right, and that makes it even worse - it shows you the pictures on the LCD like "hey! Great pic you got there" instead of giving you a blank screen that simply says "no card".
Bill

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow