Started May 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ronny Harris
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,726
Like?
Restore an old Family Record.
May 18, 2012

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to make this better, especially in regards to bringing out the script. I am doing this project for a friend who has an early 1800's Bible with some family records in it that she wants to preserve. The pages are very fragile and falling apart. I decided to scan the pieces with white paper on top so I would have a nice white background. I left the pieces separated so I could jump each piece to a separate layer and then put them back together using the Transform tool to move and rotate. I switched all the layers to Darken Mode so that the white background would not be a factor. I borrowed a piece from the right lower corner to fill in for the missing piece on the left. The processing thus far includes Clarity 100%, putting the pieces back together, healing and cloning, and adding a border with the same color and paper texture was added in layer styles.

Here is a small version of what I came up with so far but would appreciate advice on how to proceed.

Here is a small version of the original scan.

Link to the large files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1mk8k1cs4iav01l/sytthHDeC6

Ronny

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow