In reply to DonParrot, May 18, 2012

DonParrot wrote:

Vlastik wrote:

DonParrot wrote:

Vlastik wrote:

DonParrot wrote:

Vlastik wrote:

Hi

I'd like ask you, when set Continous AF Shoting mode L and focus to some static subject, half pressed .... how your OM-D behaves?

My is tring to focus shortly back/front/.. several times same with m.Zuiko 14-150 and 45.

Thx

Hi Vlastik

I have to admit that I don't know. I never had the idea to use the C-AF of any of my cameras for a static subject. Isn't doing so counterproductive? But I can check tomorrow if you want me to do so.
--

Why not - if there's enough space on the sofa...

I'm a HOlygan

Thx for response. I know looks like crazy idea. I’ve never used continues AF before. Now just doing some tests. And for example if my children are staying at one place they are for AF almost static and then start running Continuous AF should be used.

Now I’ve checked again and it’s really interesting, it looks like AF oscillating few times and focus back/front/back/front/... the subject but every time when I shot focus on the snapshot is correct. Looks to me that it’s some kind of movement prediction logic there

So if you be so kind and let me know I’ll be happy, especially if your E-M5 will behave same as mine

Thx

Okay, no problem. Will be done tomorrow.

But as I said on other occasions in this and other threads: you can also use the S-AF for your playing or running children. Just aim at the child you want to shoot withpout semi-pressing the shuitter button to then fully press it in one go - and you will get a properly focused picture an estimated 48 of 50 times. The S-AF is really blindig fast.
--

I'm a HOlygan

Hi, do you have some infor for me? Thx

Hi Vlastik . my E-M5 behaves exactly like yours. Atlthough I think that it stops its focussing efforts after a certain period of time - to restart them a second or two later. But as you said - it works when you use it and so I don't bother.

Cheers

Nicolaus

-- hide signature --

I'm a HOlygan

Many thanks Nicolaus.

Vlastik's gear list:Vlastik's gear list
Sony RX100 II Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow