Started May 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Deleted pending purge
Senior MemberPosts: 1,197Gear list
Like?
Re: Art of the Mundane ("Empty Room")
In reply to Slynky, May 18, 2012

Slynky wrote:
Thanks for the comment.

It's weird. The vertical lines to the left and right edges seem fine yet the middle vertical seems off a bit. Maybe one of those optical illusions...

Ed at Ridersite wrote:

That's a nice touch to finishing a challenge. I wish more hosts would take the time and make the effort.

As for 12th place, it was my favorite - although I didn't vote. I think it could have used a little straightening. Looks like it was straightened based on the column on the far right. Using the center column makes it look better IMO.

This happens sometimes when you apply the simple perspective correction tool to rectify convergent lines. If there is a vertical element which is not in the middle of the picture, correcting the verticals near the edge can tilt the one inside.

In such cases you can correct the verticality of the inner element first, and then mask out those situated near the edges, copy/paste those as new objects and correct them separately, then combine them back into the picture...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow