Art of the Mundane ("Empty Room")

Started May 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Slynky
Senior MemberPosts: 2,424Gear list
Like?
Re: Art of the Mundane ("Empty Room")
In reply to Deleted pending purge, May 18, 2012

Yes, I'm sure I will have more "fun". (your reference to Alice was spot on!)

In that challenge, I had to relax "room" a bit. The definition was such that I couldn't--in clear conscience--DQ gazebos and covered parts of buildings that were (to me) more like covered porches or covered patios than a room. Just as in the current challenge, I have a post-hole digger titled, "Post Hole Shovel". And, having used one of those awful things, I can tell you it has to shovel as much as it has to dig. But I hadn't imagined something like that being submitted.

Thanks for the reply.

OldArrow wrote:

Congratulations on your first experiences, Slynky! An interesting and well-run challenge.

The entries you mentioned... in time, you'll be amazed at some mental processes which move people to submit undreamed-of things to your themes. This is just a beginning. Some you'll be inclined to associate with language barriers, but some other... well, I don't want to spoil your fun. As Alice would say, "it gets curiouser and curiouser"
Enjoy!
--
Fil

-- hide signature --

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life".

(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow