Started May 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sumico
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
I got a GX1!!! YAY! Couple questions.
May 18, 2012

Alright, so I'm hesitant to even post a picture after reading some of the not so constructive criticisms on this forum. I don't mind if you have suggestions/criticisms, but to say, "that's terrible. i would rather stick hot, glass-covered needles in my eyes than look at your picture" isn't helping me or anyone else.

The GX1 is my first "real" camera. Previously, I had my phone. I've been reading a whole lot, but reading about something and actually doing it are two totally different things. I took about 900 pictures yesterday and only got a few that I looked at and thought, "ok. i like that one." Granted a lot of that number was me playing with the auto-bracketing and taking 7 pictures of the wall or the printer in my office.

The picture below is of my dog (i'll post more pictures of my kids/dog/wife/vacations later because i know everyone wants to see that ). The room was really dark. It was about 20 minutes after sunset, so it was almost dark outside and there were no lights on in the room. I used my finger to hold the flash to where it would point at the ceiling. I read somewhere that you can get the flash to lock pointing upward on the gx1. Does anyone know how to do this?

Also, the white fur on the dog is the right color, but the white trim around the window looks blue. The walls in the room are blue. Is there a reason the trim is bluish and the fur (at least on my monitor) looks to be a good representation of the actual fur color? Is there a way to use the orange light or even the flash when manually focusing?

As subjective as this question can be, is there anything I could have done to make the picture better?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow