ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PeterCanon
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
7D or 5D mkii. Help me decide!
May 18, 2012

Greetings from a newby!

I know this question has probably been asked plenty given the length of time both of these cameras have now been on the market. However, this is my first so please be gentle!

I have read plenty of comparisons between these 2. However, I'm struggling to make my choice.

I have read such super things about the 7d. The only thing holding me back is the lens choice & the associated image quality.

The 5d kit comes with a 24-105mm L lens which seems amazing & the perfect range for me. Putting this lens on a 7d would not leave me wide enough due to the 1.6 sensor.

The 7d comes with a 15-85mm lens which seems decent however is it in same league as the L lens?
So the questions I have for you learned folks are:
1. Which body delivers the best image quality?

2. If going for 7d which lens could it partner with to deliver as good a range & image quality as the aforementioned L lens?

Note majority of my photography is street, landscape, architecture so the fps of the 7d isn't a big benefit too me. I'm looking for best image quality.
P.S I don't have budget for 5d ml iii.
Thanks!!
Peter

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow