Started May 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zee Char
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,253
Like?
All about noise
May 18, 2012

I visit several other sites and one has a wedding specific forum. The issue of noise came up and many pros stated that most customers don't care or even notice a bit of noise. They care about the content of the image. I realize that it probably makes a difference with high end commercial customers. If I was a high ned commercial photographer I doubt I'd be using my 7D. More than likely I would be able to afford the highest end camera out there - or not afford to not have one

Obviously we all want cleaner and better sensors which we are getting. The tech is amazing these days. However with the excellent NR software out there does it make that much difference to people who may not be happy. I'll use the 7D for example as we all know correct exposure is important with that body. Like everyone I would like a cleaner sensor but everything it has to offer supersedes a bit of noise which I can correct.

So my question is - are all these battles over who's fishing rod is longer a personal thing (it just bugs you), we do it because it is a gear forum or does it actually effects your business?

-- hide signature --

Weaseling out of things is important to learn! It's what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.

Homer Simpson

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow