Which lens "lives" on your Alpha?

Started May 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,051Gear list
Like?
'Lives' and 'gets the most use' are different...
In reply to jcurtistx, May 18, 2012

For me, the Minolta 300mm F4 APO gets the most regular use - unless I'm traveling, it pretty much gets used every weekend, all year long...and I don't shoot during the week.

However, the 'default' lens that technically lives on my A580 is the Sony 18-250mm F3.5-6.3. I put that lens back on as soon as I'm back from a shoot with the 300mm, the camera sits in its bag and travels with the 18-250mm on board. I use the 18-250 as the default travel lens when I need to pick one to go light, and the 18-250 is the one that I'll use when I spontaneously grab for the camera for something. Whatever other lens I use for a shoot, that lens usually comes off at the end of the day, and the 18-250mm goes back on.

And it's a great all-around lens, capable of shooting nearly anything at nearly any distance or any light condition, in a pinch.

-- hide signature --
 zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow