Great medium telephoto lens

Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 12,436Gear list
Like?
Another agreement here. Sigma 150 f/2.8
In reply to padavid, May 18, 2012

I absolutely love my Sigma 150 f/2.8 non-OS model though I would't mind trying the OS version. This is one of the sharpest, most beautiful outputting lens I've ever owned. This and my 80-200 f/2.8 are my woodland walk around lenses. In good light, I'll sometimes opt for the wonderful 70-300 VR.

That Sigma 150 f/2.8 APO Macro has the same crystal clear super sharp, micro contrast that my superb Nikon 300 f/2.8 AFS VR has. I know that sounds crazy, but it's just that good. This is one of the only third party lenses has can play with the big boys made by Nikon and it not only can play but can often win by a fair margin.

The downside of the Sigma 150 f/2.8 APO Macro is that it can be considered fairly large and fairly heavy, but you'd have to expect that considering the focal length and speed.

The Sigma is equipped with an HSM motor which is Sigma's name for a sonic ring device like what the best Nikkors use called Silent Wave Motors. It also has a focus limiter which speeds things up when not used as a macro. It sports one of the best tripod collars in the business and is all-metal construction. As you might tell, I'm sold and so will you be.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig

Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow