Fuji XPro/Xtrans a mistake?

Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
MPA1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,552Gear list
Like?
Re: This just seems like a one sided rant to me
In reply to topstuff, May 18, 2012

The jpegs are nice enough and better than many but to be honest I would be amazed if you cannot get better from a RAW converter that you are familiar with.

I have Aperture and also Capture One Pro. CO is by far the better of the two in terms of conversion and results although Aperture is much easier and quicker to use for me as I have been using it since within 6 months of the original release.

Thus I know that not only is RAW better than jpeg but that RAW conversion is a broad church into the bargain.

JPEGS have already binned a mass of information from the original file capture and if you want to see the effect of that, just shoot the same image in both formats and then see how much latitude for each slider you have in the two different files. I find that JPEGS are almost 'on or off' in terms of the slider action whereas RAW has a full range of alteration for each one.

Sillypix works just fine - but I am not going to learn it just to use it on my XP1 files: as others have said, we all have our own workflows and those who have several cameras cannot be learning different software for each of them as that is too time consuming and really ought not to be necessary.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow