Not sure about Weddings

Started May 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Oztom
Forum MemberPosts: 51Gear list
Like?
Re: Not sure about Weddings
In reply to zoooming, May 18, 2012

Your comments seem unecessarily harsh just because his views differ to yours. I can't see any reason at all why he can't just politely decline to do the shoot. It is his choice isn't it?

It is not because his views differ to mine that i was so harsh.

It is because small minded people who cannot accept people for who they are without judging them should take a good look at themselves and realize we are all equal regardless of our race, religion, sexual preferences or social standing.

I shot weddings for 23 years and never once refused a job because i did not agree with what they looked like or how the people chose to live their lives.
Who am I to judge.

I shot many gay couples who had commitment ceremonies and even though i am not gay enjoyed the job as much as any wedding. My morals have nothing to do with it.

I have met a few photographers over my time that would only photograph so called "beautiful skinny couples" because they did not like so called "ugly fat people".

People like this make me sick and I genuinely feel sorry for them and truly hope that something happens in their lives that will make them realize how wrong they were.

Oztom's gear list:Oztom's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus PEN E-P3 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow