Photo display on these forums is TERRIBLE

Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Marcus Antonius
Contributing MemberPosts: 999
Like?
let's hope the photo's you saw made it all worthy ;)
In reply to TomFL, May 18, 2012

Interesting to see you found a pretty old post of mine and used it as an example, i'm not sure whether i should sue you for copyright infringement or pay you for advertising

Marcus

TomFL wrote:

Borderline incompetent. Actually, not borderline, absolutely incompetent. Here is how photo's are shown on 1920 wide display:

Hello....DPREVIEW....earth calling...it is 2012....and a few of us photo enthusiasts have progressed past a 640 x 480 monitor size and a 2400 baud modem.

As much as I need the wrist exercise and enjoy having to mouse around for every single photo I want to see at over thumbnail resolution, I think it would be PROGRESS to think about how you currently display photos on your state of the art review site.

Pictures from the DP internal galleries are a step forward which allow click to zoom, but those posted as shown above which force you to scroll the already loaded image sideways due to an inexplicable fixed width display limitation are INEXCUSABLE from a design perspective.

Rant over.

-- hide signature --

Making a moment last forever

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow