Pana converters arrive

Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 7,846Gear list
Like?
That's the beauty of it -- you keep the f-number! f2.5 11mm!!!
In reply to m43er, May 18, 2012

Sensational, hey? Or with the standard zoom, f3.5 11mm. With the tele adapter, f5.6 84mm -- not at all bad.

I’m looking for some sample pix too. I have the Olympus WCON-P01 which gives me an f3.56 11mm on the 14-42 -- but the Oly system currently does not offer a tele.

I've had excellent results with the WCON-P01 in use. IQ is very good. There is marked barrel distortion but it is simple curves so the work of a moment to straighten out in PP (if I want to correct it).

I also have the 9-18 zoom which I need for some professional work, but the WCON-P01 on the 14-42 zoom makes for a very handy extra wide lens for ordinary use.

I’m tempted to switch to the Panny adapter since I use the Panny 14 as my standard "walk around" lens. Here's picture to illustrate the additional field of view. The line shows the 14mm FoV.

m43er wrote:

Cool...awaiting your pic samples.

Might just pick up a 14mm and the converter for a budget wide solution.

Does the 14mm retain its f2.5 with converter on?

Cheers, geoff
--
Geoffrey Heard
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow