If you could only have one: omd em5 or 12-35 2.8 lens

Started May 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
PapaRappa
Forum MemberPosts: 64Gear list
Like?
Come on, I think he meant...
In reply to Michael Kaufman, May 18, 2012

...if you had a micro 4/3 camera and lens today.

Granted, he still didn't give enough info to make a good choice but if it were me and I have any prior Olympus camera and kit lens, I'm picking up the E-M5 because I do think it's that much better than the older ones. If I have a newer model Panasonic, GH2, G3 or GX1, I'm keeping my camera and picking up the 12-35.

I picked up a body only E-M5 (originally wanted the 12-50 kit but I had the opportunity to get the body only and took it) so I'm going to go for the 12-35 as soon as it's available. Very much looking forward to that lens, hope it lives up to most peoples expectations.

Michael Kaufman wrote:

DonSantos wrote:

which would you pick?

No offense, but its a stupid question.

If I didn't own any photographic equipment already, both would be a waste of money.

If I had a camera but no lens, the lens would probably be a better choice. Conversely, if I only owned a lens, I would probably get the body.

Without having a context, of what possibly meaning could this question have?

Here's an answer. I already own an E-M5, so for me, the 12-35 is a much better buy.

-- hide signature --

PapaRappa

PapaRappa's gear list:PapaRappa's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Olympus E-1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
easyNew
EM-5New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow