Sony PLEEZE stop us from taking pics w/no card!!!

Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
PhotoCycler
Regular MemberPosts: 387
Like?
Re: That would be a nice to have feature
In reply to Videoguy, May 18, 2012

Videoguy wrote:

sybersitizen wrote:

tbcass wrote:

I think this is mainly a noob problem because someone inexperienced with an advanced camera may be a bit overwhelmed by all the features and could easily forget the memory card.

Isn't that odd... because Sony has included the option to prevent the camera from firing without a card in place specifically on their high end models like the A700/A850/A900.

Yeh, leave it to Sony to let us take pictures without a card installed. I don't know that I ever tried to do that with mine. Not as bad as lazy eyes I guess. ha!

Even though I don't think it would be a problem for me, it's just one of those little things about Sony that annoys me. The alert is too easy to miss, and it seems people just want to make excuses for Sony and blame the user that Sony made a camera that takes pictures without a card. It's not as bad as Sony returning non-repaired cameras with the template response "operating to specification" though. Hello Sony, is anyone home?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow