Panasonic says blurry images issue solved on Lumix GX1 with G X Vario PZ 14-42mm

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
jquagga
Contributing MemberPosts: 594
Like?
Re: Investing in mft?
In reply to Kevdog, May 18, 2012

Kevdog wrote:

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I had both the 14-42X and the 45-175X and sent them both back. I now have the 14-45 and 45-200 instead, plus the gem of a lens in the 25mm and couldn't be happier. With over 20 lenses and only 2 problematic ones on a new "compact" line.... I'll take those odds.

I'm also betting that is why the 12-35 and 35-100 lenses are taking so long too. Bet they're rechecking their lineup before releasing the next set.

And I had the 14-42 X and returned it and the 45-200 and returned that. Today I received the 45-175 X and I'm so far very happy with it. It's not just variance in the lens, but what the purchaser is looking for. For me, the 45-200 while a fine lens is just too big and heavy on the front of a GF3. However, the 45-175 X isn't much bigger than the normal kit lens and fits properly on the front of a GF3. While I didn't care for the "level" power zoom of the 14-42 X, the 45-175 X has both the lever and a conventional zoom wheel which while power zooming feels perfectly normal. Other than it is far smoother than the roughness of my 14-42 non-X lens.

I agree it is tough to sometimes invest in m43, but I think there are plenty of options out there. And for me, I think I'm actually done buying lenses now that I have the fast / normal zoom / tele zoom combo. I might consider replacing the 14-42 with the 12-35, but I think I'd have to have a better m43 body first. My problem now is that I have a kit which is generally good enough and I have a full DSLR kit. So to invest further things have to be a major upgrade over what I have now.

The other thing is that I've standardized on 52mm filters. If the 12-35 has 58mm filters, I'll probably pass. I'm a Nikon refuge not a Canon!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow