27T
Regular MemberPosts: 392Gear list
Like?
Re: Unofficial 2nd Shooter
In reply to Takuya, May 18, 2012

Takuya wrote:

27T wrote:

walkerwg wrote:

But if you all will put it all on the table, so everyone understands, and coordinates closely, it could be a good thing. I would let the "pro" take the lead and respond to his/her directions. But going in, looking to capture or create candid moments, in competition with the "pro" is not a good recipe.

You are assuming I want to be right there at his side ghosting his work. I do not. I would also never presume I would make a good assistant, and doubt he would want an assistant forced upon him.
JS

Not necessarily. I can see walkerwg's point here. You don't want the pro to think that you are some sort of competition, or ending up in their shots in teh background, or ending up taking shots at the same time with flashes going off, etc. It's more of a courtesy to the pro that the bride/groom should make. "Hey....we also would like to have a family member taking some shots at the wedding as well. Is there anything we can have them do/not do so they don't end up in your way?" etc. I think MOST professionals would understand this and accommodate, as I am sure they are used to everyone having their own P&S cams anyway, but coming in and discovering someone with a nice bit of kit who is up and walking around and such could get under their skin a bit. As I said...jsut a bit of courtesy.

I intend to extend the courtesy at the first oportunity, letting him know where I am coming from and while my equipment may LOOK professional, there is a novice behind the viewfinder. The flashes are a non-issue in my opinion - way more point and shoots going off at greater frequency than mine (and right there where the "action" is). I am confident I know how to keep my distance and pretty sure I'll know not to step in front of HIS camera. I have made it clear in every post that my intentions are to maintain a respectful distance. I don't forsee any problems arising with my interactions with the photographer. I really only wanted shooting advise.
Thank you for taking the time.
JS

27T's gear list:27T's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Tamron SP AF 180mm F/3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow