Started May 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lpperspective
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?
SD1 M Review/Photoshop Magazine May 2012
May 18, 2012

There is a review of the SD1M in the May 2012 issue of Photoshop Magazine. It is rated quite high. Keep in mind this is not a gear-centric review, but mainly focused on applications to photography.

A couple of points I remember

It says the camera is practically moire-proof, making it a great choice for shooting fashion where detail counts and high-frequency patterns abound.

The reviewer conclusion states he recommends the SD1 Merrill as a medium-format alternative for serious photographers who want both high resolution from a APS-C camera and an extensive choice of lenses at a reasonable price. He also states it is high quality work where capturing fine detail and color fidelity counts. And it's wonderful outdoors with landscapes or in the studio for products, portraits, fashion, and fine-art photography. He mentions earlier in the review this camera is equivalent to a 30-megapixel medium format back.

If you have a chance, read it. I personally think it is well balanced and again, not gear-centric, which I consider important.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow