DMW-LW52 on DP-1

Started Dec 21, 2009 | Discussions thread
PRISCILLA TURNER
Senior MemberPosts: 1,021
Like?
Re: Interesting colour comparison ...
In reply to Roland Karlsson, May 17, 2012

I should add that I now remember that I was careful to use the same exposure exactly, both f/stop and time. You will see that the hue of the sunlit grass and the blue sky is identical, the tone darker in the W/A shot. The second shot is in effect less exposed: not only had the light altered, which made shadows and other areas both darker and redder, but I suspect that the attachment cut about half a stop of light.

It's notorious that small shifts in the position of clouds in relation to the sun create colour shifts in shadows quite apart from the effect of different light levels.

These two shots are really pretty good for purposes of comparison considering that for the second I had to attach the Nikon firmly and reframe. In any case I wasn't primarily interested in colour consistency, but in checking that the Nikon didn't add other aberrations. The f/stop had to be the same, and no wider than f/8.

-- hide signature --

'To see, not with, but through the eye.' [William Blake]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22905474@N06/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow