Markins ball head and plates

Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Zolty
Regular MemberPosts: 198
Like?
Re: Markins ball head and plates
In reply to sweetsonic, May 17, 2012

I am using Markins Ballhead (Q20), with Markins plate (lever). While I find lever faster than screw to lock/unlock, at the same time I regret not having screw version for a couple of reasons:

1. screw gives more control, as mentioned earlier screw can be slackened just a bit to give enough room to slide the camera w/o risk of it falling off the plate. With lever it is more hold/loose situation and with heavy lens (N 24-70/2.8) my camera almost fallen of the head while I slackened the lever.

2. I am using Markins' L-plate and Markins' replacement foot for 70-200/2.8. Still had to adjust - either lens was comfortably tight and camera was to loose (could not get sharp pics with long exposures), after adjusting gap to match L-plate, it is very hard to lock-close lever with lens mounted.

If I was to buy today, with experience I have it would be screw version for sure.

Few turns each way of cost, and priceless comfort of security of the equipment as a reward.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow