WHAT is so great about the D7000

Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
draacor
Contributing MemberPosts: 881Gear list
Like?
Re: I'll help you out.
In reply to David Grabowski, May 17, 2012

That's like saying you bought a really expensive yacht and thinks it should take you across the Atlantic without the need for anyone driving it. Just one of the reasons the d7k is as expensive as it is because of control over your photograph. There are so many variables in a photo that it would be difficult for the camera to account for all of them without any kind of intervention. If you really don't want to learn the camera but still want the benefits of the bigger sensor and better low light, then set it to Auto and forget about it, but don't try and compare your photographs with people on this site and expect the same results. You will get better than P&S simply because of the makeup of the camera but nothing to write home about.

David Grabowski wrote:

Look, you paid $1000-$1400 for a camera, you shouldn't even need to consider how to go about getting around some kind of foolish problem the thing is creating for you. It should just plain work or reasonably so, without having to re-invent the wheel sort to speak. You should be able to shoot in AP just fine with the camera. i've been able to do that with evey camewra I own except for those that had nothing but manual to work with.

For shooting the family and kids Ap or Shutter Priority should work fine.
David

RLV4422 wrote:

As for D-lighting, I did turn it off based on the "Fro's" advice... but recently I turned it back on hoping maybe it would help It was off in this shot.

I have a question about Manual mode - my daughter is two and she doesn't really hold still long enough for me to change my settings constantly... I heard someone say that they use auto ISO, does that help cut back on the constant messing that is usually required in Manual mode?

-- hide signature --

• Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better... it's not!" - Dr. Suess

-- hide signature --

D7000
50mm 1.8D
18-105mm
55-200mm
10-24mm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalimpact

draacor's gear list:draacor's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow