Need Advice: Just switch from Nikon to Canon and need a new lens

Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
tfranzone
Forum MemberPosts: 73Gear list
Like?
Re: Fora prime less than $500 - EF 85mm F1.8
In reply to cheapa55, May 17, 2012

I'm in the same boat as yourself.. I'm looking to add a fast prime to my kit.. preferably a 50mm.. so I rented the 1.4 to shoot this weekend for a week on my 5DMII... if the results blow me away, I will probably end up buying it at $350..

but potentially grabbing the Mark I Original version of the 50 1.8 is a thought of mine as well...at half the price and the better build of the somewhat good reveiws the MarkII get ..its enticing to go for that and save some $$..I just dont want to sacrifice too much IQ... Since you cant really rent those.. I was hoping some people would share experiences on their use of the 50 1.8 MI and the 50 1.4 on a FF body and expand on what they think of them both.. but no replies in the thread I created yet... its under "which 50mm do you prefer?", if wondering.

I will be sure to get back to you after memorial day when I am done with the 50 1.4 and let you know what I thought about its performance on my 5DMII.
Hopefully we can help each other out a bit in this decision.

tfranzone's gear list:tfranzone's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus PEN E-PL2 Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow