Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Trevor Carpenter
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,059
Like?
I think Sony may have it right
May 17, 2012

I have a real problem with the way Olympus have treated us Exxx owners. I have a 520 and 620 and use them both which compounds the problem. If I want to stay with Olympus I have a choice an E5 which may be good but doesn’t do much for me, too expensive, too big or an OM-D. I know everybody goes on about what great value it is but an OM-D and an extra lens will cost me as much as I paid for both my cameras and 5 lenses. So it just ain’t in my price range and it’s unclear that even if I could afford it. whether my existing kit is any use to me and even if it is Olympus add another 150 quid to the bill for an adaptor.

Sony on the other hand have dumped their old Minolta based line, introduced the new SLTs with a a three level constantly evolving range, it will presumably be four levels before too long which can use all their users existing lenses. As a Sony user I would have the chance to buy into a system for as little as £350 or as much as an E5 with a very acceptable offer in the middle.

I’m not going anywhere all the time my two cameras keep going but if I was and want to stay with Olympus I think there has to be a wider range of cameras on offer.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow