Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
The_cheshirecat
Senior MemberPosts: 1,169Gear list
Like?
Re: New 7D - Thank you
In reply to deccher, May 17, 2012

deccher wrote:

All,

After months of research and deliberation, I decided to upgrade my 20D, and rec'd my 7D last night. I know I have a lot to learn, and will enjoy doing so. This camera is a machine! First impressions are off the charts. The metering and AF ... well, cannot draw a fair comparison to the 20D (since I would expect dramatic improvement).

Needless to say, I am one happy camper, and I have all of you to thank.

To those on the anti-7D committee, feel free to hold your comments, as I have read plenty already.

Thanks again, DPR forum patrons!

Dan

Congrats and the best of luck with it. May it meet or exceed ALL your expectations for a long time to come.

I have had mine since they were first release and still haven't found anything that compares, at least not for my interests.

As for the nay sayers, I read the many complaints but never experienced the same problems which were so vehemently voiced. You quickly learn which posters have an ax to grind and which provide a fair presentations of the situation when you read enough of them. Terms like fanboy and th name calling has gotten out of hand but it also shows a some to be what they really are - biased.

So happy you are pleased with your decision, now the key to REALLY enjoying it is learning what it is truly capable of.

-- hide signature --

I started in the 50's - my first picture was taken with a Leica and hooked me for life. I no longer use my Leicas, but I am still taking pictures. Some things never change.

The_cheshirecat's gear list:The_cheshirecat's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon EOS 450D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 600mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow