Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RLV4422
New MemberPosts: 23Gear list
Like?
WHAT is so great about the D7000
May 17, 2012

This is a Rant, so I apologize in advance.

I'm going crazy. I love photography. There isn't a day (or even a minute for that matter) that passes where I'm not shooting something. I recently updated my camera to a D7000 - and ALL of my photos are disappointing. I've asked my FIL who is a professional photographer and he says "The don't look that bad"... ugh. He's such a nice guy I think he's trying to spare my feelings. But he doesn't shoot D7000 or DX for that matter at all. Here is my point... don't you think out of a thousand shots, two different lenses, indoor and outdoor shooting - that ONE of my photos would be sharp and decent. Even my husband who randomly grabs the camera and shoots recklessly gets a good shot now and then.

I fully understand that this is likely operator error, but it's so frustrating after several years of being really proud of my work to have nothing from this new camera. I even tried emailing Portland area shops to see if I can find someone with experience with this camera to help me No luck. I'm so stuck and frustrated!

There... Rant complete. The photo included isn't horrible, but nothing is really in focus - and since I like to make desktop wallpapers from my stuff... it's really awful when made large. I know it's a shallow depth of field, but it should at least give me a foot of good focus, right?

-- hide signature --

• Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better... it's not!" - Dr. Suess

RLV4422's gear list:RLV4422's gear list
Nikon D3100 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow