Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SammyToronto
Regular MemberPosts: 128Gear list
Like?
Video continuous focus problem with epl1 + 20mm
May 17, 2012

I own the epm1 and recently bought an epl1 body as a backup since it's currently offered at temptingly low prices. Since the panny 20mm seems to have about the same focus speed on the epm1 and epl1, I've had it on the epl1 since I bought the camera and have been very happy with that combination for indoor photography (I use the epm1 now with the kit lens mainly for video/outdoor photography, but I plan to buy other lenses for it).

I have used the epm1 with the 20mm for video in the past and, while continuous AF was slow indoors, it did focus eventually much of the time. On the epl1, however, continuous auto focus in video doesn't seem to work at all with the panny 20mm (I have selected continuous AF in the menu, so that's not the problem). I've done a quick research and found complaints of video continuous auto-focus not working with the gh2 + 20mm combination, but nothing about the epl1. Do I have a defective camera? I'd appreciate the feedback of anyone who owns the epl1 and 20mm, thx!

SammyToronto's gear list:SammyToronto's gear list
Canon EOS 350D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus PEN E-PL5
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow