Professional Olympus SZ-31MR iHS Reviews/Tests?

Started Apr 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mike Paterson
Contributing MemberPosts: 864Gear list
Like?
Re: Could you answer some questions for me?
In reply to nikolay1243, May 17, 2012

nikolay1243 wrote:

The thing is at the moment, I only like this camera for its physical appearance( IT LOOKS SCHWEEEEEET) and its SUPA SPEED zoom. But after you answered my questions( which i am thankful for ) I have crossed this camera off due to it being targeted at people who have never had cameras. I guess this is a good thing and a bad thing. Good becuase now I have one less camera to stalk :P. Bad because I wish the other two cameras looks like this one :). Sorry for writing a novel

Btw, if u wanted to know what teh other two cameras are, they are the panasonic lumix tz30 (or zs20) and the samsung wb850f.

Apart from not being able to alter the camera's speed I fail to see where you think my replies were negative.

In fact apart from not being able to alter the exposure length manually all the other answers were in strong reference to getting the SZ-31.

Also...... what do you mean this camera is targeted at people who have never had a camera????? Have you seen my camera list! Are you saying I've never had a camera before!!

I've been shooting for over 40 years and as far as comparing this camera to the two you mention the SZ-31 wins hands down in many areas.

Just based on looks alone the SZ-31 is by far the easiest and most comfortable to hold.

Looks like I wasted a lot of my 3G bandwidth uploading those shots and video for you.

Mike
--
Happy with most Cameras but use:-
Nikon D200 + various differing Lens [inc Sigma Bigma].
Fuji X10
Olympus XZ-1
Olympus SZ-31MRiHS
Panasonic LX3

Other favs of recent use:
Various Nikon DSLR's,
Canon SX95
Panasonic TZ5, TZ7, TZ10
...and a bucket load of others!

Mike Paterson's gear list:Mike Paterson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Olympus XZ-1 Fujifilm X10 Olympus SZ-31MR iHS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow