First encounter with OM-D E-M5

Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Loga
Contributing MemberPosts: 738Gear list
Like?
Thank you for both of you!
In reply to texinwien, May 17, 2012

I've developed three ways of gripping the camera with my right hand, and I think the key is to thread the neck strap between your index and middle fingers.

That's too bad, because I would like to use it without strap, just on its way.

-The touch screen is very badly implemented, I mean the sensitivity of it! Anyone noticed that yet? When I switch to playback mode, and zoom into the picture, and I want to scroll on it, it lags, or barely responds, or leaps, but it's not comparable with the one on my GF2, which is very smooth and responsive. I'm not sure if it is connected to the SD card fitted (I don't think so), or is there a setup for that (I don't think so either unfortunately). But it was ridiculously bad.

I haven't noticed this at all. Maybe the model you were using hadn't had the protective plastic film removed from the touch screen, you had a faulty model, or your fingers were dirty. No idea, but I work regularly with touch screen devices (tablets and phones from a variety of manufacturers), and I simply haven't found this to be the case.

I have seen one person who reported that their touch screen was responding very poorly, but after some investigation, it was determined that they hadn't removed the thin, plastic protective film from the touch screen (they hadn't even noticed the film). Once they removed the protective film, the screen functioned fine.

Maybe that was the case, because it was a trial instance. I will go back to shop and check it. My bad that I did not checked it with the other E-M5 (there were two of them).

-The EVF is not bad at all, but unsufficient to focusing manually. EVF's picture is simply not big enough to do that, but otherwise it's good.

There is a magnify view that allows you to magnify up to 14x in order to inspect focus at a detailed level before shooting.

So my conclusion: it's too bad, that the strap lug irritates my finger and the rear lcd is such unresponsible. User experience is very-very important for me, and these to made it with OM-D very frustraging today.

I'm not sure how much you can really tell from playing around with the camera in the store for a few minutes.

Sure, but it wasn't really few minutes, but almost an hour. Of course, it is not comparable with 3 weeks intensive usage.

Mine's been practically glued to my right hand for three weeks, and I'm loving every minute of it.

Good luck picking a model that suits your needs!

Thank you!

Loga's gear list:Loga's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow