Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tkdmom
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
D2x
May 17, 2012

I am a new somewhat novice photographer. I love taking stills of my kids but most of my photography is of my son and his TKD. I may be a nut but I truly loved my D40(maybe because it was my first DSLR other than a Canon that I had for a week and disliked). I quickly upgraded to the D70, then the D80, then the D90 and finallly the D7000. I tolerate my D7000 but don't think it is the most responsive camera. It does ok but shooting an indoor sport that is high speed deffinately has its disadvantages.

Anyway I need a 2nd body and have heard amazing things about the D2x and the D2xs. I know its older but would love firsthand feedback. I don't have the time to wait on a D800(nationals is a month away), and the D700 is a contender I suppose as well though I am not sure I am ready to delve into FF land.

Weight is not a huge factor. The default lens on my camera is the VR 70-200/2.8. I need a quick responsive camera that can shoot indoors. I wouldn't say there is a low light issue, but artificial lights are(that is why I hated my D80).

I look forward to your responses and feedback you may have.

Thanks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D2xNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow