Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ronberta
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Advice on shooting an air show with my new 5D III
May 17, 2012

I am heading to the RAAF Airshow here in Perth on Saturday and was looking for a bit of advice on what settings I should have on my 5d III. I plan on shooting in AV, Al servo, auto iso, with a shutter speed of approx 1/1000 and around 1/250 for propellor blur. (Partial metering)

My biggest problem is knowing what AF mode to use and do I use the middle focus point or all 61 points? I currently have the AF set to Case 3, I have to admit i am very confused with so many AF choices on this camera. I don't want to miss any action by having the camera in the wrong mode.

Also should I shoot with a polarizing filter?

I was also wondering if I would be better shooting with my Canon 100-400 IS 4.5-5.6 L or 70-200 2.8 is  L lens. I have never been to an air show so any advice at all would be much appreciated.

I could not really find much on what people's preferred setting are on a 5d III for air shows on line at all. Thanks in advance for your help, it is much appreciated!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow