K30

Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
JohnBee
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,864
Like?
Re: K30
In reply to Münchhausen, May 17, 2012

I hate to play the party pooper role, but I'm somewhat perplexed as to why Pentax chose to delivery a mid-range body that doesn't seem to compete with the competition.

PS. Some people say this is another K200D but without a top display and grip I don't see this being the case.

Anyways... I'm a fan of lower MP's, but... I think the K-30 is going to be a tough sell against the higher MP systems out there insofar as new customers are concerned. Likewise... on the internal side of things, I'm somewhat disappointed that Pentax chose to lower the FPS rating from the Kr with this unit.

Well there you have it, this about all I can find to complain about in terms of why the K-30 sucks. Granted, I'm sure there are lots of other areas to cover with respect to features but I can't help but feel as though the FPS and lack of luster appeal against the competition is going to affect Pentax's potential to attract new new customers in stores.

What do you guys think?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
K30New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow