Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PapaRappa
Forum MemberPosts: 64Gear list
Like?
Adobe PS 6 and LR 4 help - Doesn't read E-M5 raw files
May 17, 2012

I'm embarrassed to post this but I've been trying to get Camera Raw to read my E-M5 files and I just can't figure it out. I've searched on the internet and can't find a resolution. I thought Camera Raw 7 was supposed to read them? It's listed as a supported camera here http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html saying that a minimum of version 6.7 is required to open them. I verified I have version 7 because that's what it says when I open an old E-1 or E-5 raw file.

When I look at a folder of E-M5 files I see the JPG thumbnails but the RAW files are the ORF icon with no thumbnail. When I try to open them it says "Camera Raw cannot open this file." I have run the Updates function to make sure I have the latest version and it says there is nothing to update (verified that Camera Raw was being checked for updates). The raw files display fine in Olympus Viewer 2. I'm stumped

Anyone else have trouble getting Camera Raw to recognize E-M5 files and found a solution? Is there some simple setting I've missed? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
--
PapaRappa

PapaRappa's gear list:PapaRappa's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Olympus E-1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow