Regular MemberPosts: 215
Like?
Re: Boycott Nikon DX lenses.
In reply to moving_comfort, May 17, 2012

moving_comfort wrote:

Cha Chief wrote:

ScottRH wrote:

Ba'ath. Sorry makes no sense.

If you are fine with taking pictures of dead dogs or flowers, you are right, it doesn't make sense. I have a little boy who runs around like 20mph and I'm missing too many shots and I don't want to buy an almost 6 year old D300 so I can have the focus system on a DX body that I want. I didn't spend well over $1000 on a 17-55DX just to stick it on a D3200 that can't effectively track the movement of a 3 legged dog. Makes sense to me.

Sell the DX body and the 17-55, buy a used D700 and add a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 non-BIM for $300. You'll be much happier, believe me

I already got rid of my 17-55. In fact quite some time ago. Your option isn't a bad one but if Nikon doesn't stop dragging their feet with a D300 upgrade, I won't buy anything having to do with Nikon. It's the principle of the thing. Like I said, if Nikon is going to sell $1000+ DX lenses they need to put out a real good DX body to replace the aging D300 and there are plenty of us who want it.

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EditNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow