Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cha Chief
Regular MemberPosts: 215
Like?
Boycott Nikon DX lenses.
May 17, 2012

Here is the deal folks. Loyal Nikon users like myself are regularly discussing a D300 replacement on the D300 forum. There is talk about a potential D600 that most DX users aren't interested in. Whether or not the D600 rumor is true or not is of no consequence. The fact is, many people to include myself have spent good money on DX lenses and we are ready for another premier DX body to replace the D300. Nikon keeps dragging their feet by announcing cameras like the 24mp D3200 and TWO different D800 bodies not even to mention a D5000, D5100, D3000, D3100 and a D7000 all since the D300 was originally released. I don't consider the D300s as much of an upgrade so I'm not including that one.

If I only count one of the D800, that is 7 Nikon bodies since the D300 was released and no D300 upgrade. I can understand waiting a couple years but this is starting to get ridiculous so I have an idea. I wouldn't expect anyone else to do this but I've already got rid of my 17-55DX which I spent good money on. I'm not even considering purchasing another DX lens as a result of this D300 upgrade delay. The D3200 could have been the D400 but it wasn't so I say we collectively stop purchasing DX lenses completely and then Nikon will stop messing around. I mean, come on. Nikon wants people to spend over $1000 dollars on a 12-24DX or over $1500 on a 17-55DX or nearly $1000 on a 10-24DX but they want us to put that glass on a D3200 that can't track the movement of a dead dog say no less my little boy running full speed. I'm done with DX lenses and even though it's a real good camera I don't want a D800 or this rumored D600. I want a real D300 replacement that operates like a machine gun. That is just the bottom line.

So let's boycott DX lenses. I won't even purchase a 35f1.8DX and I don't care how good it is. No more DX lenses for me and I "was" considering a 10-24DX. I have no intention of ever buying even one more "DX" lens and until Nikon releases an upgrade to the D300 I'm not buying anything else from Nikon. So the same $1100 that I could have spent today with Nikon, I spent with "TODAY" with Sig Sauer. Whatever. I'll enjoy my new gun just as much as a new lens or body. I'm going to spend my money somewhere so Nikon just needs to decide if they want me and probably 1 million other people to spend it with them?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EditNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow