Flashed the Plastic on an EM-5. Will it be worth it?

Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
citizenlouie
Contributing MemberPosts: 665Gear list
Like?
Re: Flashed the Plastic on an EM-5. Will it be worth it?
In reply to dgc4rter, May 17, 2012

dgc4rter wrote:

The question to all those current EM-5 users is... Do you think I've done the right thing and have you come across any early production flaws?

It's your camera, and you're the user. Read the specs first and see if it fits your needs. If it does, go to a store and touch a real one and see if it fits your shooting style.

I don't own an EM-5, but here is a little story. When I was out to buy my current camera, I had read a lot of online reviews, and I narrowed my selection down to Olympus E-620/520, Panasonic G1, Canon T2i, Sony A something (I think it's 5xx series). I touched T2i and then touched E-620, I picked E-620 immediately and glad I didn't make my decision base on specs only. Nobody I know in real life uses an Olympus, so I got no one to recommend it for me. But I feel I am a better photographer because I picked a camera that suits me.

You pick a camera that gives you confidence and it'll show on your photos. If you have doubt with EM-5, then I don't really believe you'll get good photos from it.

The only complaint I heard from actual EM-5 users is, it makes a white noise when IS is on.... You have to hear it personally to see if it's something you can tolerate. As far as I know, my computer is currently making that type of noise, and so are some TV sets.... It may bother you, or it may not. My PC drove me nuts initially, but I get used to it.

citizenlouie's gear list:citizenlouie's gear list
Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow