Help, anxious! About to buy G3. Any reason I shouldn't?

Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mp2011
Regular MemberPosts: 110
Like?
Help, anxious! About to buy G3. Any reason I shouldn't?
May 16, 2012

I am HORRIBLE at making decisions. I have been shopping for a second smaller camera to complement my 5DMII since last year, and can't decide. This morning I sent my 5DMII in for repairs, and now I am pretty motivated to choose something finally. I think due to price, the tilting LCD touchscreen, and the mostly positive reviews, I have settled on the G3. I know battery life is terrible. I rarely use flash, but for the few times I do, I wish the G3's flash could be bounced like the GX1. I was planning to not get the kit lens, and get the 20mm 1.7. My husband wants me to pull the trigger and get it here by this weekend.

Any arguments against that I am missing, or alternative suggestions? This camera will be used a ton to take photos of our little girls in action. There are only so many cameras, I know. I have not been able to handle any Panasonic cameras in real life. I have handled some of the smaller PEN cameras, which felt too small to me. Thanks for any encouragement or ideas you can offer....

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow