Need Advice: Just switch from Nikon to Canon and need a new lens

Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
tfranzone
Forum MemberPosts: 73Gear list
Like?
Re: Need Advice: Just switch from Nikon to Canon and need a new lens
In reply to cheapa55, May 16, 2012

I agree with BAK.. I own the 24-70 2.8 its my workhorse lens.. it truly is great.. and is so versatile.. i use it for interior shots on the 24 end, and I use it a lot for social gatherings and event shooting... but take note... it is very heavy after a while!...

also agree with BAK on the primes.. if you are used to shooting primes, go for it... the 50 1.4 you will enjoy but be very careful.. its a fragile lens, especially in the front..but if you buy a good copy and take good care of it, the results for a lower price are great. If you wanna go cheaper the 1.8 is good.. if you wanna go wider the 35 f/2 is a good choice..could be a little soft on the edges though..

if money isnt an object and you want a wider than 50 prime...absolutely grab the 35 1.4L.. it is a gem!

Good luck.

tfranzone's gear list:tfranzone's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus PEN E-PL2 Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow