Sony PLEEZE stop us from taking pics w/no card!!!

Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,351Gear list
Like?
Re: Guess you've never used an OVF
In reply to cyainparadise, May 16, 2012

cyainparadise wrote:

Why would you say that? Just because one uses an OVF, it doesn't mean that you can't have a 'flashing' icon in the viewfinder. If you ever used an OVF, you'll see all kinds of info in there.

Harsh!

1) My comment was meant as a little tongue in cheek humor, hence the .

2) Way to assume I've never used an OVF. Very baseless and short sighted of you. If you would have taken even a second to look at my profile, you would have seen that my last camera was an A700 but I am now using an A77.

I at least took a moment to look at the OP's profile which showed no listing of gear, so I hadn't a clue what they were using except to guess given the sparse details in their post.

Since I HAVE used an OVF camera, If I recall correctly the shots remaining indicator flashes when there is no card. But there is nothing that flashes "No Card" on the screen, which grabs your attention a lot more than a flashing '0' or '-'. But since my last camera had two memory slots, I always had at least one card at the ready.

So next time before you go on the defensive, do the following: stop, think, take a deep breath, maybe even laugh, then post.

-- hide signature --

Paul

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 50mm F1.4 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow