Tracking and focus with the 7D?

Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Multi-SportsMom
Contributing MemberPosts: 594Gear list
Like?
Re: Tracking and focus with the 7D?
In reply to Multi-SportsMom, May 16, 2012

Thanks for the help. I do use BBF and CF III -3 set to 0.

I just ran into problems where there were staff and kids walking/being in my view.

I have been asked by the athletes not to stand to close. This track had only a few feet from the end of the sand pit and the fence. So no getting shots from the end/top.

I had shots where my subject was in focus even if they were blocked by someone. Doesnt do me any good. The shot is worthless. But I hated that even with nobody in the way because I lost focus on the jumper and it couldnt recover fast enough.

Not sure how much was user error, or the camera not being able to refocus on the subject again. I have some shots were you can see it focused elsewhere. But some the whole shot was out of focus.

I know I have had trouble with it not cycling fast enough so it wont let me shoot anymore.

I tried to wait until I saw the shot was back in focus. But shooting athletes you need it instantly. So I just keep shooting and pray.

Multi-SportsMom's gear list:Multi-SportsMom's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow