Having Trouble Finding a Travel Zoom

Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
LensBeginner
Regular MemberPosts: 219Gear list
Like?
Re: Having Trouble Finding a Travel Zoom
In reply to ianp5a, May 16, 2012

Do you think you'll use HDR that often? ask yourself if you really have a specific purpose for that or you just think that "it might be useful to have"

Panorama you can do them in post with a stitching software and the results are usually much better than in-camera panos (provided that you shot the photos in the correct way, with some 30% overlapping).

Bracketing "could" be useful, but I'f rather have a RAW shooting camera (I think none of those 2 shot RAW), that gives me some headroom provided that the exposure was at least passable.

That said I'm not questioning your priorities, just make sure that these are real needs for you and you're good.
I, for one, though I needed HDR, but I discovered that I don't.

No aperture/shutter control: I'd list that as a serious drawback, provided that you know what to do with the freedom those controls grant you.

I'd take the Canon, judging from the figures, but I never used a canon before, while I once borrowed a Pana DMC-FZ28 and it was great.
You should probably try them and see for yourself.
Best regards.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow