Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
liquid stereo
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,928Gear list
Like?
Fuji XPro/Xtrans a mistake?
May 16, 2012

One has to wonder what Fuji is doing by not providing guidance — if not the exact algorithms/techniques — on how to process the raw files.

I hope they provide Apple with the algorithm as I don't imagine the Aperture team trying to figure this out.

http://chromasoft.blogspot.de/2012/05/demosaicing-fuji-x-pro1-and-its-x-trans.html

So my conclusion, sorry to say, is that the Fuji X-Pro1 X-Trans sensor doesn't deliver what Fuji promises. In fact, it underperforms similar DX sensored cameras.

This is not to say that the Fuji X-Pro1 is a bad camera - far from it - the camera has great lenses, a really attractive viewfinder and design, and in many ways the sensor is great, with low noise and clean data, in the class of the recent Sony and Nikon sensors. It just would have been a better camera with a conventional two-by-two sensor layout.

liquid stereo's gear list:liquid stereo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow