Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
tkelly11
Regular MemberPosts: 134Gear list
Like?
Re: It goes away
In reply to Just Having Fun, May 16, 2012

Just Having Fun wrote:

Marc wrote:

The lug straps. Arg. I had heard of people complaining about this but others said it was a non-issue. Well, After holding the camera for 5 minutes I had an imprint on my hand and found it very uncomfortable.

I hated that thing when I first got my E-m5. The first couple days I had a constant pain in my hand. Then, and I am not sure exactly when, I think I started holding the camera slightly differently. For some reason now it doesn't bother me.
It became a non-issue (but I can still see why it bothers people).

I was the same as you, when i first got it i had heard about the issue but assumed it wouldnt affect me, but it did feel uncomfortable. Then i put a strap on it and for whatever reason it completely stopped being an issue as the way the fingers go through the strap holds the lugs down and stops them getting in the way. I am loving the EM5 more and more as i play with it, which is a rare feeling to get. Usually once i buy something it stops being exciting quite quickly. I am glad i jumped in.

tkelly11's gear list:tkelly11's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow